There are many ways to utilize the power of social media to help spread the word about your blog posts. The 3 essential types of plugins you need to have here that I cover below are social sharing, social commenting, and integrating Twitter.
Social Media WordPress Plugins
There are many ways to utilize the power of social media to help spread the word about your blog posts. The 3 essential types of plugins you need to have here that I cover below are social sharing, social commenting, and integrating Twitter:
While there are many social share plugins available, Sharebar provides you something that none of the others do: The flexibility to add the “share” code before it is “officially” supported by the others. In doing so, and with its other customization features, Sharebar allows you to feature only the share buttons that you want on your site. If you want to install the Buffer code on your website, note that this is their “officially” supported social share plugin at the moment.
This plugin helps you leverage the power of Facebook by embedding comments in your site. It’s easy to setup and you can have it running within a few minutes. The plugin also allows you to define the width of the Facebook comment box to better fit your site’s theme. The debate is out as to whether you should utilize an all-inclusive comment system like Disqus or leverage the power of Facebook to help spread the wealth of your content on the world’s largest social networking site. But if you do want to take the Facebook route, this is the plugin that I would recommend to you.
Displays the social widgets from Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest with your posts. Also adds some meta tags for opengraph and schema.org. Allows some custom css styling as well as most options for the buttons in the admin page. There is an option for html5.
Tweet Old Posts is a plugin designed to tweet your older posts to get more traffic.
Tweet Old Posts randomly picks your older post based on the interval specified by you. The primary function of this plugin is to promote older blog posts by tweeting about them and getting more traffic.
If you have been engaging and building a community of followers on Twitter, then this plugin is the perfect way to sprinkle your archived posts into your tweets. Tweet Old Post simply creates a tweet out of your previous blog posts, and sends them to your Twitter account. It even has options to add hashtags and leading text to it. The customization capabilities – and ease of doing so – give this plugin my thumbs up in the field of Twitter integration.
Turn what people post on social networks into compelling stories. With Storify, you collect the best photos, video, Tweets and more from around the web and publish them as simple, beautiful stories embedded into your WordPress posts and pages. It’s the best way to chronicle an event through what people share, whether it’s a conference, wedding, election or natural disaster.
- Embed stories with ease — simply paste the URL to the story, and WordPress takes care of the rest.
- Easily add your stories to posts — just click the Storify button in the standard WordPress editor, and select from a list of your most recent stories.
- Create new stories and edit existing ones right from your WordPress dashboard.
- Adds SEO-friendly versions of your stories to each post, ensuring that your stories get properly index by search engines
- Allows users with filtered html restrictions to embed stories.
- Extensive API to customize the plugin’s functionality to meet your needs
SEO WordPress Plugins:
This plugin optimizes your site by letting you easily add a Title and Description that will be indexed by Google instead of the default title of your blog post and first words of your blog post that is the present WordPress default. While All in One is and older platform that has seen a lot of new competition these days, it is still the default and no-brainer option here. All in One is also supported out of the box by Scribe (see below).
- Google Analytics support
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO, this was true when I wrote my original WordPress SEO article in 2008 and it’s still true today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by WordPress SEO consultant and WordPress developer Joost de Valk to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this WordPress SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. WordPress SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
WordPress SEO plugins have been done before, but never like this.
Offering direct control over more than 100 separate on-page characteristics important for SEO, while loading fewer than 700 lines of code for each ordinary page view and playing nicely with other plugins, this plugin has been designed from the ground up for performance and compatibility. (By contrast, the most popular SEO plugin configures only around 20 characteristics, demands more than 2000 lines of code for each page view, and employs crude output buffer hacks which can sap performance and trample on many other plugins.)
This plugin is intended for anyone who wants to help search engines find their material: it’s not just for professional marketers, it’s not just for those who make their living via the web, and it’s certainly not only for developers or full-time settings tweakers.
What Can You Do With Greg’s High Performance SEO Plugin?
This plugin enables you to configure several important SEO characteristics in each of these five areas:
- Main title
- Head section: description, keywords, robots indexing and following instructions, canonical URLs
- Secondary title, visible in the page body
- Secondary description, visible in the page body
- Paged comments and duplicate content
(Greg’s High Performance SEO focuses exhaustively and exclusively on genuine SEO characteristics, so if you want something to fix the coffee or insert your ad code, you’ll need a different plugin for that.)
This plug-in combines several unique SEO tools developed for Search Commander, Inc. and enables their use from inside WordPress. Paste the corresponding short code in place on the page or post where you wish to offer the tool.
These are the best WordPress plugins for those who want a truly optimized blog for social media and SEO. Hopefully you will like it. Thanks!