LinkedIn is one of the largest social network services, it was started in the USA and has quickly grown to be the number one source for professionals to network within their industry.
More facts and figures:
- 2 new members join every second
- USA leads membership at more than 57 million, Europe has more than 34 million members
- 60% of its members live outside the USA
- In 2011 there were 4.2 billion professionally oriented searches on the LinkedIn platform
- LinkedIn now has over 2,116 employees (at the beginning of 2010 it had only 500)
- The fastest growing demographics are students and recent college graduates
- Revenues for 2011 reached $522 million
- LinkedIn is the 36th most visited website in the world
But how does it actually work and how many people are using it? The below infographic takes a look.